The recent case of Claire Matthews, a junior solicitor who was struck off by the SDT after lying about a missing briefcase, has thrown the spotlight on mental wellbeing in the legal profession.
Lockton would be delighted if you can join our live webinar on 22nd July where we will discuss the wider mental health challenges faced by legal practices with a great panel consisting of Clare Hughes Williams - DAC Beachcroft, Sharon Glynn - Travelers Insurance, Bronwen Still – LawCare and Juliet Oliver – SRA.
The discussion will focus on the issues surrounding lack of integrity and dishonesty and how mental health should be considered when examining the facts.
In the 60 minute discussion, we will provide a practical guide to:
- The SRA conduct rules; the impact of the revised Standards and Regulations and the new code of conduct for individuals and firms with a focus on dishonesty and integrity;
- The SDT's application of the rules and their consideration afforded to mental health;
- Culture and the working environment within practices, the responsibilities of practices;
- What impact that this may have on underwriting and claims;
- The importance of raising mental health awareness within practices.
- At the end of the discussion, the panel will be open to questions from the attendees.
Who should attend?
- Managing Partners,
- Fee earners.
- Para legal's, trainee solicitors
- COLP's and their Risk Teams,
- All leaders and managers of people within professional practices,
Date: Wednesday 22nd July
Registration: Click here to register.
We look forward to welcoming you.